West Hills is a high-income residential and commercial neighborhood in the western San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, California. The percentage of residents aged 35 and older is among the highest in Los Angeles County.
In pre-history, the neighborhood was the home of many Native American tribes, and during the Spanish and Mexican eras it was part of Mission San Fernando. In the American era, West Hills was part of the Owensmouth district, which was renamed Canoga Park in 1931. West Hills received its present name in 1987.
Historic landmarks and many city parks are to be found within the community, as are commercial districts, a business district and religious establishments. Two private high schools are among the thirteen schools within West Hills.